Safety Protocols tell us the what-to-do, the where-to-go, and the who-to-call in case of emergency. Now that’s some pretty serious business, so we gave only one person the key to manage them: the Account Holder. That’s not you? Don’t worry - we made sure you can still see all enabled settings!
Our 24/7 Safety Team is a professional response service. If you choose to use them, they will call your Emergency Contacts and can reach out to emergency responders if needed. If you choose not to use their services, your Emergency Contacts would only be alerted through a text message in case of a Safety Event.
If you decide to have our 24/7 Safety Team’s help, you may also use their Emergency Dispatch service. When our 24/7 Safety Team can’t reach your Emergency Contacts, they’ll engage the appropriate emergency responders, also known as an Emergency Dispatch.
Let’s set up keeping your loved one safe:
1. See those three lines on the top right corner of your home page? Tap and look for ‘Safety Protocols’.
2. The first thing you’ll see is 24/7 Emergency Support. Select ‘Manage’ to view your options. You can turn this off if you choose, but it is on by default because we think it’s a good idea.
3. Next, ‘Choose Emergency Contacts’ by tapping on the up arrow to open the drop-down menu. Select each box to assign a priority order to each Emergency Contact. In case of a Safety Event, our 24/7 Safety Team will contact those members in that order or priority. Choose wisely! You can only add up to 4, but you are choosing from your Care Circle member pool. So if you only have 3 members in your Care Circle, that will be your Emergency Contact limit too.
4. Next you will see ‘Emergency Dispatch’. You can toggle this off if you choose. It is on by default because we feel that’s the smart choice. Watch out! If you opt out of this feature, and our 24/7 Safety Team can’t get a hold of your Emergency Contacts, they will not have any other way to help you. Also, emergency responders would not be alerted.
5. Once completed, press the ‘X’ on the top right to go back to the main ‘Safety Protocols’ screen.
6. Scroll down to see Safety Events. Go ahead and take a good look at each of them! Here you’ll have the chance to review and turn on or off the settings for each section.
Now, remember: Everyone can see the Safety Protocols, but not everyone can edit and manage them. However, if you ever feel there should be a change of plans, bring it up to your Account Holder – after all, caregiving is a team job!
Once you're all set up, you're ready to move to Step 12: Adding Notifications