Once The Hub is all set up, you’re ready to add your Door Detectors. Yes, the little battery-powered white ones with two pieces. They should look like this:
These go on your external doors. You will mount them on each entryway. They will help you keep track of who enters and leaves the house and the whereabouts of your Senior.
You’ll find two Door Detectors in your Starter Kit. Good thing is, once you install one, just do it again for the second one.
Note: Hold up! No battery-inserting action just yet. The Hub will look for devices as soon as batteries are installed. So, only do that for each device at the time of connection. Do not put batteries in all devices at once. Actually, you know what, just follow these steps:
1. We will take you to the ‘Add Sensors’ page.
2. To begin, select ‘Door Detector’.
3. Power on your Door Detector.
- Inside your Starter Kit, we included the batteries. The first ones are on us. You must have two AAA batteries for each Door Detector, four in total.
- Open the cover of the Door Detector by pressing the tab at the top.
- Install the batteries and close the cover.
- Be sure to match + and - correctly.
- If you see a blinking yellow light, that means you did an awesome job, and your Door Detector is trying to connect. If you don’t see the light, you might want to check the batteries.
4. The app will begin to connect to the Door Detector.
5. When successful, you will be navigated to the ‘You’re Connected!’ page. Tap 'Next', and we’ll give you the option of naming your Door Detector. Can you name it something funny? Yes. Should you name it after the location it will be placed in? Absolutely.
6. Place the 2-way tape on the back of the sensors to really get them to stick. Install the Door Detector by mounting the magnet to the door frame, and the sensor on the actual door. The magnet should align with the small arrow on the sensor, right in the middle. A couple of things to note: Install the sensor high up off the ground for best wireless connectivity as well as having the sensor and magnet as close to level as possible about 1/4" apart.
Here's a quick video:
7. You can now install your Door Detector in its final location. Did you know you can test it? Open and close the door and you will see one flashing green light, but if you see two you may need to reposition. Rinse and repeat with the second Door Detector.
You were made to Quil! Congrats - your Door Detectors are successfully connected and you are ready to move on to Step 6: Connecting Your Motion Sensors!