If you’re a Caregiver, then before setting up the Starter Kit, we’ll want to add your Senior! This is the person you’ll be caring for and the center of your Care Circle. Setting up their devices for them will definitely make you Caregiver of the Month. Let’s go!
1. You should now see the Add Senior page. Select ‘Add Senior’.
2. We want to really get to know them, so please give us a few details here and there: their name, preferred pronoun, phone number, email address, and of course, a profile photo.
3. You will want to check, "Invite to Quil", so your Senior will be sent an email inviting them to install the app as well. With this you will be able to connect your Senior's smartwatch and have access to tremendous insights such as heart events, sleep, and activity.
4. We’ll need their address, too. This is really, really important. It allows us to be exactly where we need to be in case of emergency. If you utilize our 24/7 Emergency Support service, it helps us know we’re sending the right folks to the right place at the right time. So, yeah, it’s a big deal. This is also the location where all devices are installed. There’s no such thing as too much information with this one. Be very specific – add even details like apartment number.
5. Let’s face it: we all give each other cooler-than-our-real-names names. At Quil, we call them ‘Display Names’. They’re for your eyes only, so feel free to add whatever you call your Senior - we won’t judge! Once you’re done, select ‘Add Senior’.
6. Now press ‘Continue’ and we’ll take you to this confirmation page.
Nice! You’ve added your Senior. If you sent the invitation, which we are sure you did, they will receive an email to download the app, sign up, and get their Quil on. Let them know they need to sign up to be looped in. They will then be linked to your account and added to your Care Circle. You should be "Link Devices" screen after inviting your Senior, if you are proceeding on your own move on to "Link Devices" and "Continue" to Connecting Your Hub.
If you have a scheduled Assisted Setup call, stop at the "Link Devices" screen, so our friends at Customer Care can follow along with you.