The positioning of the sensor (larger piece) and the magnet (smaller piece) are critical to ensuring your Door Detectors function properly.
Here are some helpful tips:
- The magnet should align with the small arrow right in the middle of the sensor and they should be spaced about a pencil width from each other.
- One piece needs to be on the door and the other on the door molding or frame.
- Do not place the Door Detector on the side of the door with the hinge.
- Door Detectors should be placed on all entry doors that are frequently used to enter and exit the home.
- Place the Door Detectors as high as you can comfortably reach.
- Clean the surface before mounting.
We understand doors and molding come in all shapes and sizes, and some can be hard to figure out when it comes to installing our Door Detectors. For your Quil Assure installation, there are two types of placement as follows:
- Straight on where you can place the sensor on the door and the magnet on the molding/frame or vice-versa.
- Perpendicular or 90 degree placement where your doors open out or your molding/frame alignment calls for it.
In either configuration our goal is to align them on the same plane. This means the top of both sensors should be at the same level:
Traditional Set up: Perpendicular Set up:
See the "Mounting" section of the Door Detector manual for more information and step-by-step instructions.